Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mishaps : How to get lost on the planet Earth

I was riding on a train to Obidos from Lisbon in Portugal when I noticed there nothing around me a empty field. I had passed a few stations but I didn't see anyone. I thought these stations had been built for the people living in some Shangri-La under the ground. I didn't see anyone at Obidos station after getting off. While reading the popular Japanese traveler's guidebook "How to walk on the Planet Earth", I was walking along the path as the guidebook had said.  I was walking for a while and found the wall of a castle and also a notice on the door of the wall which read "No Entry.  This exit is currently closed in preparation for Christmas" As I found some construction workers there, I asked them "Where can I get inside the city?" But no one could speak English at all. I didn't know what to do. I was so depressed because I had to spend 8 hours on the return train and I would be frozen to death. When I was at a loss, an officer of the city who could speak English happened to come and took me inside the wall. I had finally arrived there! The officer smiled, "Everyone else comes here by bus".
After I had found a lot of tourists in the city coming there by bus, I realized the guidebook's title should have been "How to get lost on the Planet Earth"

No comments:

Post a Comment